Saturday, July 04, 2015

"A cup of Tea"


"Hope"

It might be crazy to be alone
It might might be selfish to be alone
It might seem, an act of coward
Make no mistake, for you're not responsible
I made the choice not hungover
I'm grateful to you but glad it's over
It gave me time to dig the world.

Alone I swim, across the river
The pain and cold I have to endure
It's worth the fight for what awaits
To find the place, where I belong
Without you there, to hold me back
To tell me that the world is black.

Alone I walk into the dark
And hope alone, becomes my light
I'll walk and wait for time will come
Along with music my heart will beat
Then I will kneel and say the word
But hope is all I have for now.

By Lawrence Sevan.

Few weeks ago, I asked my brother to contribute an article for my blog. Obviously, he is busy with his work life and I cannot keep on pressing him for the article. But fortunately, I came across the above poem in his phone note he wrote from his office. And I really like the poem for it simplicity. A big "THANK YOU" to him for allowing me to post it here. I hope you will love it.

If you like the poem, follow him on twitter at: https://twitter.com/sevanlawrence. You may also like his first book "Break Free: The reflection you have always dreaded" already released on Amazon.in at: http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00QDTZLHO .

Food for Thought: “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” Confucius.


No comments:

Post a Comment