Friday, July 03, 2015

Platform


Probably, everyone knows who Bill Gates is! According to Forbes magazine, he is the richest man in the world and the founder of Microsoft. Few weeks ago, I started reading his blog on daily basis and it gave me new perspective on how I can contribute for the welfare of our present society. And I can assure you this, reading his blog is a way to know more about him as a philanthropist rather than the billionaire or the founder of Microsoft who revolutionized technology.

When I was in junior high school, I was provided the platform to learn computer science in theory as well as practically for the first time. Frankly, before I was introduced to computer science subject, I didn't have any clue about computer and Internet except for the typewriter machine..:) Those days, around 3-4 students would share one computer for practical, and that too, once in a week. But now, everything has changed for the better. I bet the visit to cyber cafe in regular basis has drastically reduced which has been impacted by the revolution of smart phones and the easy access to Internet. Of course! I'm also enjoying it.

But I don't understand why some of us can't use this platform to better use. In my opinion, negativity is all we see and spread rather than come up with a better solution. May be one opinion matters more than the other; but is it worth the time to move forward? I believed that's the only analysis needed whereas individual efforts is a choice. After all, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

My blog post doesn't matter at all because it is more or less about awareness. However, if you have a time to spare, please visit and read Bill Gates blog at: http://www.gatesnotes.com/ so you can experience the way he used his platform in order to change the lives of millions people around the world for better.

Food for Thought: “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” Winston S. Churchill.


No comments:

Post a Comment