Thursday, July 02, 2015

The road with the street lights!


Yesterday, I spent an entire afternoon trying hard to sort out my Wi-Fi internet connection but without any success. In spite of giving my best, I made the situation even more worse as I disabled the Wi-Fi configuration without any idea how it happened…:) I were like a monkey holding on to coconut dearly until a friend of mine reconfigured the Wi-Fi connection for me. For a moment, I really thought my friend was a genius even though he was humble enough to admit the issue was not complex. My initial reaction was like, ‘really!’ and 'what was the issue?' He told me, I kept on rebooting the router when I should have log in the routerlogin.net on my PC to reinitiate the internet connection.

Obviously, what a generic fool I made out from my selves not knowing what I have done! Anyway, that was quite a lesson for me about Wi-Fi router connection. The important thing is that everything is fine and here am I sharing the experience with you…:)

Sometimes I believed we push ourselves too hard, although with determination, in the wrong direction thinking it will somehow work at the end. Like for example, a student who is really good in arts subjects opting to pursue subjects opposite to arts in higher secondary or college or a person with mediocre singing talent wanting to be a rock star. Of course, there is no doubt one can achieve anything in life with determination and perseverance. However, I felt it is also important to know the real quality within because knowing oneself is one of the key to happiness. I meant if a standup comedian doesn’t understand one of the acts written by the comedy writer, I don’t think the comedian would play that act because it will be nearly impossible for the comedian to relate the act to the audience and make them laugh.

After all, will you go for a standup comedy show starring a comedian who quite doesn’t know how to make the audience laugh? I understand the case I’m assuming is hypothetical but not invalid because it is no rocket science in order to know the things we are good at and very happy to pursue. Think about it!

Food for Thought: “We are unknown to ourselves, we men of knowledge - and with good reason. We have never sought ourselves - how could it happen that we should ever find ourselves? It has rightly been said: "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also"; our treasure is where the beehives of our knowledge are.” Friedrich Nietzsche.


No comments:

Post a Comment