Thursday, June 11, 2015

"Shooting stars fulfilled a wish!"

"Love is blind; but it makes you see the blind man; teetering on the roadside..." Martin Amis.

I've never ever shed a tear after watching movie trailers. However, the other night, I came across a documentary movie trailer which simply melt my heart and flooded my eyes with tears of happiness. I was really overwhelmed by the substance of the trailer. And whether you like it or not, Hollywood always have managed to capture the best of people in reel for screening in movie theaters. I really want to write more about the movie trailer of around two and half minutes in length. But I don't want to be your spoiler-alert so you can also enjoy the movie trailer. You can click on the trailer below to start watching: 


Courtesy: YouTube

Now, answer me honestly, does the movie trailer had an impact in your heart and also had you shed your tears of joy? And correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure you are truly amazed with the resounding response from people all over the world in helping a kid wish of portraying batman in the city of Gotham comes true. And probably you are still wondering, "how is that possible?" I thought we are not bad people when we do anything from our heart selflessly. But seldom we listen to the impulse of our heart rather letting our mind to takeover. Of course, we can't help it because we adopted the barter system in every aspect of our life.

Even the easiest task of supporting our loved ones is lately turning into vain. 'But who cares as long as I'm happy' which is rather unfortunately is the mentality of present days righteousness. Who cares about the fact that poor nutrition causes nearly half (45%) of deaths in children under five – 3.1 million children each year. Source: The Lancet, Series on Maternal and Child Nutrition, 2013. Forget about those 66 million primary school-age children who attend classes hungry across the developing world, with 23 million in Africa alone. Source: World Food Programme Statistics.

Even though the World Food Programme calculates that US$3.2 billion is needed per year to reach all 66 million hungry school-age children, why should we worry about it when we are also fighting for our own fair share of survival? You tell me, am I right or not? But I hope I'm wrong based on the above documentary movie trailer "Batkid Begins" wherein people all over the world joined their hands together for the right reason. Literally, the people who helped the kid in fulfilling his wish are the "shooting stars" among us.

Food for Thought: "It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others." Dalai Lama XIV.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good writing. Keep it up

Post a Comment