Sunday, April 05, 2015

"Ability"

“There has to be innate circuitry that does the learning, that creates the culture, that acquires the culture, and that responds to socialization.” Steven Pinker.

Good Afternoon!

I was confused for the past hour trying to figure out interesting subject for my blog. While I was figuring out, I made a cup of tea for myself without sugar. God! The tea was horrible but still I emptied the cup. Like we need sweetness in our life, I'll always vouch for a cup of tea with a teaspoon of sugar. They are like partners and they complete each other. You can assume tea as man and sugar as woman… :) I have always liked the idea of pairing things with connection to our life. Anyone! Who is still figuring out your honey? Go get it, they out there… :)

Lately, I have written two poems and I'd love to share my favorite one here. But before you read it, I'd like to remind you that I'm still amateur in this field. Anyway, the title of the poem is “Solitude Cactus.”
I am the solitude cactus in a desert,
Death looms large and surrounds me; but I will survive.
Weary travelers riding on humps dare touch me.
Yet I shall bestow my life for desiccated; and no man will see.
Sun and sand haunts me; stars and moonlight are my friends.
My thorns shall shield my innate; and no tears shall drain.
He in abode molded me for a reason-
ready to lay down my life all through the season.
Neither illusion nor mirage shall curtain my existence.
Man may doubt from afar; pierce me to make sense.
Fools and cynical will coined me the untouchable “Beast.”
Till death, innate within me shall never cease.

I hope the substance of the poem will always reverberate like an echo in my mind and soul. The point is that we have this very strong quality within us and it can prove to an ace. Most of the time, we failed to identify it when we should be. Maybe we are too busy with our life or we have not identified our strongest quality.

Recently, I took part in a session organized by our RPO (LOB) in office. It was a very refreshing session and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The speaker spoke about keeping our eyes and ears open while we are working. It is not about encouraging to let our ears awake about all the talks going on around you or to peep in your colleagues. Rather it is about widening your horizon even though you are face to face with your workstation monitor for majority of the day. Most of the time, we have become so involved with our work thereby narrowing our horizon. And it’s true; our daily chores are so monotonous in nature.

It seemed to me we are gradually in the company of “A Frog in a well”. However we always have the potential to fight back and rise again from ashes. Obviously it takes an effort to rise once again, and I personally believed this is right time to identify our inner quality. The “Solitude Cactus” poem I wrote is purely in relation with inner quality. For me, I really enjoy writing on my blog and I believed this is one of my qualities. No language is acquired. Take any kid from any race or place, bring them up in any culture and they will learn the language of that culture very quickly. Therefore, no particular language, including mother tongue, national language, etc., is in the genes. However, what might be in the genes is the ability to acquire language.

Happy Easter Sunday and have a great day!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment