Monday, April 20, 2015

"Purpose"

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” Mark Twain.

Honestly, for the past few days, I ran out of thoughts provoking ideas to write on my blog page. And I starts to ponder if I have been too idealist and preachy on my blog and making it harder for me to follow up. Maybe it is relevant or irrelevant but it has nothing to do about preaching otherwise I would have opted to be a theologian rather than working in a private sector. However, writing and sharing my thoughts on my blog does give me happiness and I believed its part of human condition to want to share things like ideas, opinions, and thoughts. After all when our time comes, nothing will remain of us except our imprints that have made an impact or not…:)

No matter how we die, people will never forget about the good imprints left behind. And so is the case for Paul Walker, an actor who passed away in December 2013 and still remembered by his friends as well as families. A few weeks ago, the song “See you again” (Audio version) was uploaded in YouTube in tribute to Paul Walker. After listening the song, I have become so obsessed and madly in love with every verses of the song. Believe it or not, I've played the song more than 200 times and yet I’m still ready for more. I would say the song is indeed a fitting tribute to Paul Walker in just 3:58 minutes. Unlike the thousand pages in biographical books experimenting with every available word to mortified life’s story but the lyrics of the song managed to express the impact of Paul’s life with his friends and families in just around 200 words. The irony about the 200 words is that every single word became so magnitude yet truthful in a simple way. And we can relate to our closed and dear ones who also have left us like Paul.

Lately, the mercury has been rising swiftly in Delhi and the weekend for me was more about sitting in my room right below the fan. Definitely, it had made me to think more about my real purpose of life below the humming sound of fan…:) I guessed the words of Mark Twain had a profound effect inside me. Mark Twain said, “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Obviously, the day I was born has well passed over me but I'm still wondering the other one “what is the real purpose of my life?” Am I born to become money making entity? Or, am I born to be able to make my family bloodlines to continue for another century? Or, am I born to just make my life happy?

Many possibilities but the question is, is any one of the possibility I choose to live for is worthy enough for my life? In the end, people always judged and will continue to do so. Maybe, it is fair or it isn't fair. But, is it not worthy to remember as a good person like Paul Walker? And the truth is; no one would want to be remembered like Adolf Hitler.

Thank you. Have a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment