Wednesday, April 08, 2015

"SANITY"

“It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.” Helen Keller.

Good Morning!

Last night, I came across a news report about a guy specifically requesting a driver of Hindu faith through Twitter to Ola, service provider for cab. God! It’s very funny yet so excruciating to digest the guy ignorance to our country diversity. Sensibly, the cab provider Ola tweeted back, “Sorry, we do not discriminate against our drivers on the basis of their religion.” I'm just very curious to know why he has requested like that. Is it because he is just an innocuous fool or is he implying that he does not want a Muslim driver? Anyway, this is India and we are not sort of fools like him… :) Let’s make it the joke of the week rather than blowing out of proportion.

If I’m not mistaken, in all the wars and the battles, I believed religions seemed to be the reason that keeps on clashing with our sanity. The Crusades, Jihad, Zionism, Saffron terror, etc. has one thing in common. And that is protecting their respective Gods and its people rather than all of us. Does it make sense praying to God for his mercy and protection whereas in the other hand, we are wielding swords against each other in the name of Gods? Maybe it is because of our attitude and disrespect for one another religions. But we completely forgot “Love” is the reason for the existence of all religions. Peace should be the outcome of loving one another.

Like I have mentioned in my earlier blog and I want to share it again that some people may prefer milk, some may prefer cheese, some may prefer butter, yet we forgot all these comes from one source only, i.e., cow. The taste may be different but the ingredients are the same. All we have to do is to understand what another religion preach does not differ from my religion. It is a fact that this very message “Love one another as you love yourself” is in Bible, Gita, Torah, Qur'an (Koran) and in all other holy books. Nowhere is it written in all the holy books telling us to hate or kill one another. But the saddest thing about all these holy books are interpreted in very twisted, perverted interpretation of a religion that they purport to represent but in no way do they represents. And it is easy to worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own.

The question we need to ask ourselves is, “Do our religion leaders care about us and do enough to spread love?” But this very question is not mine to answer rather we have answer it individually. However, all I can is that we are large enough to love one another and live as human. And if I'm in a situation where I have a statue of Jesus on one hand and my own child on the other hand; and there is only one room that can fit either the statue of Jesus or my child. I'll take the room for my child safety. That’s my humanity and I'm sure most us will do the same. So why not keep our beliefs in our own heart and our life to live as sane human?

Food for Thought: “There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.” Dalai Lama.

Thank you. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment