Saturday, April 11, 2015

"DOTCOM"

“The Internet, like the steam engine, is a technological breakthrough that changed the world.” Peter Singer.

Good Evening!

I’m sure most of us have seen the advertisement of Idea Internet Network promoted as IIN. Well, it’s true and internet seemed to be our shortest route to library as well as for other activities. In high school, the newspapers “The Telegraph” and “The Times of India” were my source of motivation to be in library. And whenever I have the mentioned newspapers in library, the Sports section used to be front page for me and the actual front page becomes the last page. Habits never die until I started using the internet for where the front page is hard to skip.

In fact, internet has changed my style of reading newspaper, and it has also cultivated the Wikipedia mania in me. I believed Wikipedia is one of the best nonprofit website where you can keep your mind going. The information you found in the Wikipedia are rather in summary yet it is better to be knowledgeable about any subject rather than be ignorant. After all, the pace of our life doesn't want us to get tangled in only one place. Evidently, I had to move on to another website, and that is Facebook. Well, I’m logged in but it seems there is nothing new but still it just unconsciously became a part of my life, i.e., my voice, my identity, my character, my image, and whatever it do to define me. Anyone can say the profile in Facebook is not the real me but it is just a way of denying our own identities and actions like we do in reality. And no offense to anyone after all it’s only “we” so why take it the other way… :)

After Facebook, I moved on to countless websites randomly in which some of the websites are not worth mentioning here or maybe I should have omitted from blogging. But I'm only human and perfection is not my strongest ally. That’s my momentary weakness which shall ease away when I am wiser. Anyway, I'm back to my sense, and I remembered to check my email inbox to see if there are any important emails. Not that I received very important emails everyday but I just don't want to see unread emails in my inbox. One time, I had more than hundreds of unread emails, and I thought “what kind of person have I become who does not care for those who has been writing to me excluding the unsolicited emails?” That’s when I realized I have been very irresponsible not taking care of things expected of me. That was an important lesson I have learned.

And today, I came across an unusual word #uncancel campaign promoted by MakeMyTrip.com group. Then, I found the #uncancel video in YouTube and I was really moved by it, and it definitely anglicized the word “uncancel” although not formally. Please enjoy the video below:



We'd wish a lot of things from the past and un-cancel the moments that may have impacted our present life in a worst case scenario. Yet, we'd still keep the moments that were eventful enough to put a smile in our face. Maybe, my blog has nothing to do with the video rather accepting our present life and moving on from the regrets we'd wish to un-cancel. Anyway, it is always a blessing to be able to still stand by ourselves with the ability to make our present always an eventful moment for better now and after.

Now that I've completed my blog for today, probably, I will be reading some football articles and previews for the upcoming EPL match between Manchester United (my favorite football club forever) and Manchester City on Sunday, 9:30 PM. And then, maybe, I will complete the book “The Longest Ride” by Nicholas Sparks by late evening as I near the ending page. Lastly, I’m going to watch some good movies. Obviously, it’s my weekend and I shall take the pleasure of enjoying every bit of it in a way I wish to… :)
Food for Thought: “If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.” Theodore Roosevelt.

Thank you. Relax! And have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment