Friday, March 20, 2015

"Luck!!!!"

“An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.” Emil Zatopek.

Like every normal Thursday, I was on my way to office and strangely I noticed there was few traffic jams. I was surprised because usually the route my office cab followed is jam-packed most of the times. I checked my phone monthly calendar to check if there is government holiday or other Hindu Puja. But there was none. Then, the driver asked one of my colleagues in the cab, “What’s the score?” The driver tuned in to Radio and I heard the commentary of India vs Bangladesh cricket World cup match at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne in Australia. Then only, I realized the reason for the open road.

It’s World cup cricket match for India and I asked myself, “How on Earth could I not know such a big match and that too, India cricket match?” Well, I used to be a cricket fans when I was growing up but with the introduction of Twenty20 cricket, I hardly watch the 50 over game except for the 2011 World cup final when India won it for the 2nd time. I can still savor those memories and the best is the moment when Dhoni hit the winning SIX. Wow! That moment was a fitting end to 2011 World cup held in our own cricketing nation! But this World cup has just passed over me like a slippery eel.

Once I reached my office and settle down at my workstation, I started browsing the internet for the updates on the ongoing World cup news and I’m really happy to know India performing very well till date. They haven't lost a single world cup matches played so far in this edition. I'd say that’s a good run as a defending champion. And still proving “we are champions” until a new champion is decided on 29 March 2015! I believe the India cricket team has not let down the fans this time around like it was in 2007 West Indies in an overseas World cup. Win or lose, it doesn't matter for me. They are still champions in my eyes. However I have an inkling feeling that India will win again, and the victory might just top among my sweetest memories.

I have always believed that Team Spirit is an ENGINE, and it can even outrun Usain Bolt… :). And with Dhoni as driver, the Indian cricket team is good condition to go all along. Some fans have commented that Dhoni is one of the luckiest captains in the history for Indian cricket. Of course, you need that luck on your side to be a champion. Not every good mountaineer conquers the Mt. Everest, the highest mountain in the world. But few mountaineers have conquered the Mt. Everest because they are lucky backed by their grit and perseverance. Although I am not a fan of Dhoni but to be lucky, you have to have those strong instincts you can trust to change the game. And only when players trust him, the plan work or else kaput.

Even if his luck as a captain is going to win us another World cup, I won't neither comment nor complain. After all, the name India team winning the World cup again is all that matters to me. I hope we will win the World cup again and my best regards and prayers to the team representing our nation proudly. I’m going to end my blog for today with a quote from Tennessee Williams, “Luck is believing you're lucky.”

Thank you. Have a good night!




No comments:

Post a Comment